Australia's Best Independent Brands
Local Threads is the largest marketplace for ethical fashion from Australia's best independent brands. Our partnered brands go through a rigorous selection process to ensure that you receive the LATEST FASHION that SUPPORTS LOCAL BUSINESSES & SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES.
With over 150 brands and 3000 products stocked on Local Threads, we are committed to helping you find your perfect fit. Based in Australia, our customer care team is happy to assist you with any fitting or sizing issues. We pride ourselves on customer service. If you have any questions then please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR ETHICAL & SUSTAINABLE PROMISE
Local Threads extends our social responsibility by ensuring that all featured brands & designers adhere to our ethical requirements. If it is not ethical, then we will not sell it!
We promise that;
1. PROFIT TO CHARITY: We work with and assist charities that are supporting issues confronting Australians through the power of clothing and fashion by donating profits and hosting initiatives. For every purchase, we donate $1 to the customers choice of charity they select post-purchase! We do this so that together, we can make a REAL positive impact in our local community!
2. FAIR PAY & PRODUCTION: There is a fair and transparent supply chain from all featured brands on Local Threads to ensure that no unethical manufacturing practices such as child labour is being used. All featured brands & designers also receive the majority of all sales proceeds. This allows them to pay fair wages, use ethical suppliers and design the best possible quality products for you!
3. SUPPORT LOCAL BRANDS: We only sell Australian brands and designers fashion - everything you purchase is 100% Australian owned & designed! By shopping on Local Threads, you are directly supporting our local talent! Our mission is to provide a marketplace for the best Australian brands to be seen worldwide!
4. NO REAL ANIMAL FUR: No real animal fur or exotic skins is used in our sold products. We will never sell a product where an animal has been killed purely for its skin.
5. ECO FRIENDLY FASHION: We eliminate our environmental damage by not manufacturing and sending custom packaging. We have also eliminated two-way postage as all orders are sent directly from our brands to reduce unnecessary travel emissions required for your order to arrive. All products you receive have very high quality standards and are made to last!
Wearing Local Matters.
“Local Threads is contributing something positive to sustainable fashion. I’m impressed and inspired by the work they’re doing in providing a viable marketplace that brings producers and consumers together. Both producers and consumers have immense influence and power to change the world by making responsible choices in what we make and buy. I like how Local Threads connects people.”
Professor of Sustainable Business
Conestoga College Ontario, Canada